Job DescriptionSenior iOS Developer – London SE1
Company - Moonpig
Yes, we have a jingle. Go on, sing it.
Hummable though it is, we couldn’t survive on a jingle alone. What customers love about Moonpig is the vast range of card designs, some funny, some sentimental, some beautiful, some risqué, some downright peculiar, that allow them to both express themselves and show they care.
We started in 1999 and have grown to become the world’s largest online personalised greeting card site. With over 10 million customers in the UK, Australia and USA, we send more than 12 million cards across the globe per year – that’s enough cards to stretch to the moon and back! We invented the personalised card market and continue to dominate it, but we have also moved successfully into a broader gift market.
We don’t all march round our office like Oompa Lumpas singing the Moonpig jingle, but we do have fun doing what we do. Often inspiration comes from our customers, who are endlessly creative with the cards they send and who genuinely engage on an emotional level with the brand. For our part, we are passionate about the quality of the service we offer.
Our London team of c.150 share a large open plan creative hub, whilst our 40 strong production team sun themselves in our Guernsey office.
About the App Factory
AppFactory is a team of passionate app designers, developers and testers that builds features for new and existing apps on iOS and Android platforms for the PhotoBox Group. In 2014, we brought the Moonpig.com apps in-house. Today, we are embarking on further expansion to deliver apps as part of the group’s ambitious development roadmap.
AppFactory software engineers are responsible for designing, developing and testing new features that our customers will love alongside maintaining and improving existing apps. We work in cross--‐functional Agile teams that work across the whole software lifecycle from concept to submission and release. They take pride in delivering optimal business value through continuous delivery by designing well--‐architected, high--‐quality mobile applications.
To be successful, you’ll need a passion for developing apps with a real customer focus, wanting each and every one of our customers to be delighted with the features produced by the team. You’ll have strong technical abilities, be a great communicator and be able to self--‐organise and achieve results in a fast--‐paced environment.
You’ll have a strong track record of capturing requirements through collaboration, and a proven ability to produce high--‐quality, maintainable and reusable software within an Agile team.
Skills and Experience
• Fluent ‘native level’ English language skills – speaking, writing, listening
• Meticulous, flawless attention to detail
• Proven track record delivering apps in a multi--‐discipline Agile development team.
• In--‐depth hands--‐on development experience developing high quality testable code using Objective C and iOS.
• Demonstrable problem--‐solving skills.
• Proficient with making network requests to RESTful APIs.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
• Experience developing eCommerce apps for retail, working with personalisation, photo or printing
• Technology a bonus
• Experience working with software development tools including Git, Jira and Confluence
• Experience with Swift
• Experience with writing UI Automation scripts using Appium
• Experience with using Interface Builder and adaptive layout for universal apps
What Can Moonpig Offer You?
• A competitive salary and benefits
• The opportunity to work with brilliant, talented and fun teams across the business
• A chance to become involved with a great brand with an ambitious roadmap and be part of a culture that encourages innovation
• 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
• Pension scheme with company contributions
• Private Medical
• Annual Moonpig prepay credit
• Study support
• Season ticket loan
• Cycle to work scheme
Moonpig is part of the PhotoBox family of brands. The group had combined turnover last year in excess of £200m and is ideally positioned to meet the growing demand for innovative and convenient online personalised publishing solutions. The group operates a number of different brands; PhotoBox, Moonpig.com, Sticky9, Hofmann, PosterJack and posterXXL.