Job DescriptionCOMPANY OVERVIEW:
We are a fully-funded startup operating across the big data and GIS space, based in Jersey, Edinburgh and London. We are building our go-to-market platform with a highly experienced leadership team - and we’re just beginning to hire.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Key impact on a green field, state-of-the-art data platform.
• Lead the project from the ground up using the best frameworks of your choice - there is no legacy code so everything will be shiny and new!
• Use the best tools, practices, platforms and technology that exist.
• Fully agile development.
• One-on-one mentoring from seriously experienced industry veterans.
• Work flexibly, within reason.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER US:
• 5 years commercial experience building cutting edge responsive websites using
frameworks like angular and react.
• 3 years or more commercial experience on a UNIX(-like) platform.
• Experience building market places or similarly complex and distributed dynamic and
data API driven websites.
• A portfolio of amazing high performance websites behind you that demonstrate your
• An understanding of architectural and design best practices and how to make flexible
and scalable software that never fails.
•A genuinely perfectionist attitude to development, tempered by just enough pragmatism.
The position is open to EU citizens and UK visa holders as we are not in a position to sponsor a visa to the UK. A license to work in Jersey is available to UK citizens.
What would really float our boat:
• Python experience
• Understanding of automated unit testing
• Experience with dashboards or widget toolkits
• Experience with very large volumes of data
• GIS experience.