Job DescriptionPlatform Developer
CloudCredo is a rapidly growing team of people with extensive knowledge of Cloud Foundry - the leading
Open Source Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). At CloudCredo we work with many well-known companies to help them extend and customise Cloud Foundry. We are some of the most forward thinking developers in the industry; we have a strong team ethos and know you will enjoy being part of it.
Reasons to work for CloudCredo
• We're a technology company that values passionate technologists.
• Build and deploy distributed systems with some of the most exciting technology available
• We provide opportunities to attend and speak at tech conferences and community events, as well as contribute to Open Source projects.
• Pair programming - it's how we deliver working software and a fantastic way to share knowledge and learn from others in the team.
• A fun and sociable working environment with regular social events
• Highly competitive salary
• 33 days holiday including public holidays
• Child care vouchers
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a strong developer with significant knowledge of Ruby, Go and/or Java programming languages. You might have more of a systems background, with experience of Chef, Puppet or similar configuration management tools at scale. You write clean, maintainable code with tests. You are comfortable delving into application code written by others and creating your own software, and you enjoy problem solving: building and debugging large-scale distributed systems.
We are offering a role that involves working with technologies such as Cloud Foundry, BOSH, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Kafka, Kubernetes and Mesos. We don't expect you to have prior experience with these technologies - we're all learning all the time - but you must demonstrate a willingness and enthusiasm to get up to speed quickly.
• Strong knowledge of Ruby, Go and/or Java programming languages
• An appetite for personal continuous improvement
• Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
• Experience in designing, installing, testing and debugging software systems
• Experience in writing code to generate websites, applications and databases
• A strong demonstrable understanding of Agile and XP software development processes
• Experience in deploying to cloud environments.
• Any experience in PaaS technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Engine Yard or similar.
• Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) such as vSphere, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, or vCloud Director.
• Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
• BA/BSc in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
• A history of client facing or consultancy roles.