Job Title: Dev Ops
Reports to: VP Engineering
Salary: 60k – 70k
Hours: Full time
Location: Piccadilly Circus
Contract type: Permanent
Vivastreet is a free classifieds website, our aim is to offer our users a simple and sociable shopping and selling experience through its extensive choice of adverts ranging from buy and sell services, properties, cars, events, pets, friendships, love and much more, all in their local area.
Vivastreet is a global brand operates across Europe, Latin America, North America and North Africa – in total 13 countries across the world. We promote a vibrant multicultural atmosphere in our centrally located Soho office in London, and consider ourselves a passionate bunch, who is offering a valuable service to become the go to place for all your classifieds needs. If joining a talented dynamic team is for you, we are looking for people like you.
Vivastreet is continuously striving to enhance their product to withhold its standing in the classifieds market. This is a position within the technical team to help maintain and improve Vivastreet’s continually evolving infrastructure and systems. The role will work closely with the Senior DevOps person to help drive infrastructure and help build automations to deliver implementation.
We are seeking a talented DevOps person to help manage the infrastructure, the ideal candidate will have proven technical experience with a solid foundation of operating system and networking skills along with a positive attitude. We're looking for somebody who has at least 2+ years of Linux system administration with high volume web sites. You will be friendly, approachable and able to collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues, curious and proactive - continually looking to improve the reliability and performance of our systems.
• You will contribute to migrating our services to the cloud
• Implementing continuous deployment
• Integrating source control with unit testing
• Linux expert with experience in load-balanced web servers. We use Fedora here, but in-depth experience with another distribution is welcome.
• MySQL administration & tuning. We have a cluster MySQL setup, and we'll want you to hit the ground running.
• Use of NginX, and PHP Framework deployment
• Network & System Security. Enterprise level network/system security experience is a significant plus.
• Knowledge of deployment configuration and administration, IAAS/open stack/VMWare experience
• Key duties would include the maintenance of current infrastructure components and artefacts deploy websites, code deployments, and trouble shooting and house-keeping.
• Host provisioning using Cobbler or cloud provisioning
• Host environment configuration using Puppet and Chef
• Exposure to re-architecture projects
Benefits and work atmosphere
We look after everyone who works for us, in exchange for your dedication we offer:
• Regular training
• Generous Bonus Scheme
• Social events
• Company lunch every other Friday
We are a vibrant business full of creative and passionate people enjoy sharing ideas outside of the office during our social gatherings.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the position.
Please note due to the volume of applications received for this position we are only able to contact successful candidates
All candidates must of used configuration languages like Puppet or Chef