Job DescriptionJob Title: Automation QA Tester
Reports to: QA Manager
Hours: Full time
Location: Piccadilly Circus
Contract type: Permanent
The QA team is responsible for the end to end quality of the Easyroommate product, including live services. The ERM product is currently evolving it’s business model, building a new platform, rollout of new technologies and adoption of industry standard practices, meaning the successful candidate must be able to cope with a fast paced, yet structured environment.
The successful candidate will join the ERM technical team, working alongside the Business team on delivering quarterly roadmap objectives. The ERM Automation QA’s focus will be on producing automated tests in preparation for adoption of continuous integration and in future continuous deployment. Along with writing automated tests, the successful candidate will take part in manual investigation of issues, during both development and those discovered on the live product.
Please note that this is a QA focused role and the successful candidate - although requiring some programming skills - will be part of the QA team and will require a QA focus.
● Experience in producing automated tests using C#, Specflow and Selenium.
● Functional testing of web-based applications and live services
● Exposure to working in an Kanban based development environment
● A functional understanding SQL, able to run queries and interpret data
● Knowledge of common web debugging/monitoring tools
● Knowledge of compatibility testing and advanced features of common web browsers
● Ability to rapidly understand and question requirements to formulate tests
● Scripted and non-scripted test approaches
● Exposure to the full lifecycle, from requirements gathering to production testing
● Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
● Able to communicate clearly and concisely to both technical and business people
● Enthusiasm for analytical, research tasks and problem solving
● Must be fluent in English, both verbal and written.
Desirable skills and experience:
● Exposure to Git, TeamCity, Hudson/Jenkins, RSpec & Cucumber
● Exposure to TDD and BDD environments.
● Ability to construct test scripts in C#
● Non-functional testing including security, performance and accessibility
● Understanding of tools for version control e.g. git
● Understanding of eCommerce
● Exposure to SEO and analytics tools
● Basic skills in written and verbal French and/or Spanish would be seen as a plus
Easyroommate is the world's leading flatshare website, we have sites in 25 countries globally, with our added first-class customer service team and a growing community of users, Easyroommate is the easiest way for people to rent a spare room and showcase it to an audience of millions.
We promote a vibrant multicultural atmosphere in our centrally located Soho office in London, and consider ourselves a passionate bunch, who think flatsharing is more than just a roof over your head. To us it’s a lifestyle, a community and a culture.
If joining a talented dynamic team is for you, join us on the mission in helping us find people a flatshare they can call home.
For more information about us please check out our blog http://blog.easyroommate.com/!
We look after everyone who works for us, in exchange for your dedication we offer:
• Social events
• Company lunch every other Friday
We are a vibrant business full of creative and passionate people enjoy sharing ideas outside of the office during our social gatherings.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the position.
Due to the volume of applications received for this position we are only able to contact successful candidates.